How to Refuel
Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) saves up to 50% over conventional fuels.. Consumers who are natural gas customers also have the option of refueling at home with a natural gas home refueling appliance, which uses a time-fill system of filling a tank overnight.
The process for refueling is almost identical to the process used at local gasoline stations. Most public CNG stations accept credit cards at the dispenser and the filling time is similar to using a gasoline pump.
Refueling Instructions for a Fast-Fill Dispenser
Most stations have no attendants on duty. You will first need to be trained on the use of the CNG operations. The Company will provide the short training.
Here are the instructions to operate most public CNG dispensers:
- Turn off your engine. Do not smoke.
- Remove the vehicle’s dust cap and take the fueling nozzle off its holder.
- Align the arrows on the nozzle so they point to each other.
- Place the nozzle over the fuel receptacle push it on.
- Rotate the lever so that the arrows point away from each other to lock the nozzle on.
- Insert your fleet or credit card and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Once payment is authorized, lift the dispenser handle, and fueling will begin.
- When the fill is complete, lower the handle to turn the dispenser off.
- To disconnect the nozzle, slowly rotate the nozzle handle 180 degrees until the arrows are again pointing to each other.
- Remove the nozzle. You may hear a slight release of pressure.
- Return the nozzle to its holder and replace the dust cap.